A lease or rental agreement is a binding contract, though the tenancy may not always go according to plans. Those involved in a landlord-tenant dispute understand the urgency of insuring their rights are protected. At the Cleveland offices of Mark S. Frank, Attorney at Law, we handle disputes involving lease agreements to eviction proceedings.
In all landlord-tenant disputes, we start by reviewing the lease to ensure the provisions included are valid under Ohio state law, and that the contract complies with all applicable regulations. As part of our comprehensive real estate practice, we can represent both parties involved in a landlord-tenant dispute.
- EVICTIONS | we will see that the landlord complies with regulations and laws when pursuing an eviction
- SECURITY DEPOSIT | if a landlord is not in compliance with the law, we help retrieve the security desposit
- RETALIATIONS | if requests for improvements to a residence to make it safe are met with retaliation by the landlord, we go to bat for a tenant remedies action
- EVICTIONS | we represent individual landlords or apartment complex owners to:
- handle eviction cases in municipal court
- ensure move-outs are properly scheduled
- verify that tenant property is properly stored
- LEASE AGREEMENTS | we will draft a lease that complies with Ohio state law, including provisions to
- evict should a tenant fail to pay rent
- take appropriate action to recover full damages for failure to receive rent
- advise of notices, procedures and timelines to initiate an eviction